- 1 cup, brown sugar (don’t pack the sugar)
- ½ cup, raisins
- ⅓ cup, margarine or butter melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Melt your butter then add in the vanilla, egg, cream and brown sugar.
- Mix in the raisins.
- 2 ½ cups, Five Roses® All Purpose Flour (or alternative all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup, butter, cold
- ½ cup, water, cold
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the butter and rub into the flour until mixture resembles coarse meal. Drizzle in enough water until the dough begins to hold together. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and shape into a disc (do not overwork the dough). Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough to ⅛” thickness. Cut out 3-inch rounds and line 12 muffin cups with dough. Chill.
- You can use premade tart shells, store bought pie pastry or make your own.
- Divide filling evenly between the 12 tart shells. Bake in a 350° oven for 15-20 minutes – until the rims of the tarts are golden brown and the filling is bubbling.